
Most of the time my God-questions are about the future.
"Lord, what direction are you leading me?
What do I do with an unmet desires?
What is your will for this next season?"
You know all the typical questions we ask and then wrestle over, wondering if that impression was from God or is it just your flesh, was that conversation a sign or am I reading into it, am I being discontent or is it you moving in a different direction?
I laid in bed last night tossing each question to God.
And in the midst of my non-stop rant, God brought this verse to mind:
"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness
and
ALL these things shall be added unto you" (Matt. 6:33).
Today as I was driving, a line from a song stuck out to me...
"my soul satisfied."
And as I listened to a sermon, this verse rang through me:
"My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for this is far better" (Phil. 1:23).
I think that the answers to the questions is what I need for peace, joy, etc.
But no!
Answers to the questions are not what I need.
I need Jesus!
I need to SEEK JESUS FIRST. He will take care of the rest.
My soul needs to be satisfied in Jesus, nothing else.
Jesus needs to be my heart's desire, my thirst and hunger needs to be for Him.
Asking God-questions isn't wrong, but what am I hoping for in God answering them?
Am I hoping that the answers will bring peace or am I hoping JESUS will bring me peace?
Answers to questions will not satisfy me, only Jesus will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...my tweets...
...about me...
still under construction
...blogs...
...categories...
- A Quest for More (1)
- Africa (6)
- art (2)
- Book Review (2)
- family (2)
- funny (4)
- good friday (1)
- life (24)
- music (3)
- Office (1)
- photo (1)
- quote (2)
- scotland adventure (13)
- Singleness (2)
- stories (2)
- travels (1)
- Unfashionable (2)
- vacation (1)
- vlog episode (1)
- work (1)
- writings (1)


2 comments:
thanks, Bestie. I am encouraged.
Zanna, that was so good...thanks for sharing the rants in your heart.
What you say is so very true too...rest in Him.
Post a Comment