9:23 AM

sting of correction

Posted by hosanna |

This morning, I read a blog post on Learing to Love others with our words and I felt the sting of correction. Do I love others through my words or do I tear them down?

"It may sound kind of soft to call God the great encourager, but think about it: God is constantly highlighting his own works of grace. He is always rejoicing in the truth. He says about Jesus “this is my beloved Son with whom I am well pleased.” He calls us beloved, little children, new creations. He made us in his image, and has crowned us with steadfast love and mercy. Because of the work of Christ, God accepts us instead of condemns us. And by this same work–making us humble lovers of truth and making others fruitful in the truth–we can encourage those who belong to Christ."

I deserve to be condemned yet God chose to show mercy to me. Lord, change me and let my words be filled with love and mercy, as you have showed me. Let me not be hardened of heart and forget how much I have been forgiven!

1 comments:

Nettester71 said...

Thanks for sharing this as it was a good reminder to me as well.

love you Zana.