Bon Iver at Ogden Theater
Colorado, friends and Bon Iver...it doesn't get much better!This past weekend, I flew out to Colorado to spend it with my dear friends...some who live in Denver, some who were visiting, some who just moved back, mostly old friends but some new ones too! It was wonderful! Late nights, tears of laughter, family dinners, ice blocking, talking (or mocking), hiking, and sharing what God is doing in our lives. Truly, it was a foreshadow of how wonderful heaven will be. Praise Him, that our life on earth, although filled with sorrow, is only for a short time. And for ETERNITY we will be with Him and those follow Him! 'Lord, hasten the day!'
Ok, I got a little off track but I get overwhelmed at God's kindness to me through my friendships!
Now, I have to admit that I did plan my trip to Colorado, for this particular weekend, because one of my favorite bands was playing (and they were not touring anywhere near TX), Bon Iver.
Here are a couple pics and video clips from the show.
Kerri and I preparing for the concert by sharing my iPod and listening to Bon Iver
Brittany and Natalie stood in line for 2 hours before the show. While Kerri and I showed up 15 minutes before the door opened. Thanks, Britt and Nat!!!! You're the best!
What is an outing without a funny story?
The show had standing room only. When we go into the theater, Kerri and I decide not to stand in orchestra pit since we are both vertically challenged. We stood directly behind the orchestra pit (still only 15 from the stage...awesome view). Since the orchestra pit was 2 feet below us, we didn't have to worry about trying to look through people. The opening band played and as Bon Iver was about to come to the stage. When GOLIATH came out of no where. One moment I have a clear view of the stage and the next thing you know all I see is this guy's head. Now mind you, he is standing in the orchestra pit and I am standing on a platform 2 feet above him and he is STILL taller than me. Out of all the people to stand in front of GOLIATH decides to stand directly in front the the '2" shy of being a midget girl'. Really?! RUDE! As I laughed and looked at Kerri, our neighbors saw how ridiculous it was and kindly shuffled down so I could see past him. But before I moved, I wanted to make sure to capture the moment. So, the picture above is me and GOLIATH!
Here are a clip from the show (I have one more but it won't upload. I guess I'll save it for another post):
'Skinny Love'


5 comments:
Ok, let's not pray "Lord, hasten the day". There's some stuff I want to do first.
are you here?
unfortunately, i am not there anymore. it was a quick weekend trip, but i hope to come back soon!
I would like to get Bon Iver to Zeke's. It would be amazing. Add them to my wish list of artists.
Jealous! I want to see BonIver too!
Post a Comment