“Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things NOT SEEN...All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. And indeed if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return. BUT as it is, THEY DESIRE A BETTER COUNTRY, THAT IS, A HEAVENLY ONE” (Hebrews 11:1, 13-16).
Life is hard. And the sufferings, trails and pain of everyday life can bring my focus to here on this earth. This songs helps to lift my eyes and focus to eternity. Reminding me that life here is temporal and not my home.
I love that in the midst of wanting to say, ‘I am done, God.’ ‘It’s too hard!’ I can sing out with faith that one day, there will be “no weeping, no hurt or pain” and I will be with Christ and He will be holding me.
Not only does this song lift my gaze but it is a proclamation of faith. I believe that what God says in his Word is true. And I can sing with FULL faith that all is loss compared to knowing Christ and one day being with Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...my tweets...
...about me...
still under construction
...blogs...
...categories...
- A Quest for More (1)
- Africa (6)
- art (2)
- Book Review (2)
- family (2)
- funny (4)
- good friday (1)
- life (24)
- music (3)
- Office (1)
- photo (1)
- quote (2)
- scotland adventure (13)
- Singleness (2)
- stories (2)
- travels (1)
- Unfashionable (2)
- vacation (1)
- vlog episode (1)
- work (1)
- writings (1)


0 comments:
Post a Comment