A few months back, I happened to stumble across Tom Davis' blog and have been changed ever since. (Tom Davis is a part of an organization called Children's Hope Chest which works with organizations and churches around the world to provide help for those in need. This is a very brief description but you should check them out. I couldn't recommend an organization more highly! Perhaps another post, I'll go into more detail.) Priceless - Ismailova Hotel from Tom Davis on Vimeo. Priceless - St Basil's & Red Square from Tom Davis on Vimeo. Priceless - Kazan Church Red Square from Tom Davis on Vimeo.
I had heard of sex trafficking before but had no idea what was really going on. It was through his postings that I began to see for the first time this great travesty that was happening to young children all over the world, but specifically in Moldova, Russia.
At the time that I began to follow him, he was taking trips over and investigating what is truly happening and how children get wrapped up in trafficking. As each blog was posted I was more and more broken over the evil that was being done to these poor children.
In April, I attending the Summit Conference where I had the privilege of hearing from Tom Davis first hand and a chance to meet with those on staff at Children's Hope Chest and I was hooked! I wanted to learn more and share with others what I was learning so that change can take place. Isn't it so amazing that God chooses to use us as his hands and feet?! (Oh-I do need to do another post on all that I learned from them and about their organization but for now back to the topic at hand).
As soon as I got home from the conference, I ordered Tom Davis' first novel called Scared. This book features a life of an orphan in Swaziland (which was excellent). And soon there after came Tom's second novel called Priceless. As soon as it hit the press, it was in my hand and read by the end of that same day. Priceless focuses on a young girl who gets caught into the sex trade. 
Without further ramblings from me, let me share with you Priceless's trailer:
Priceless, although, fiction is based off of real events and places. Here Tom takes you to a few of them, as depicted in the book:
GIVE AWAY....I recommend this book and would love to see it in people's hands. So, leave a comment and at the beginning of next week I will draw a winner of Tom's book Priceless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...my tweets...
...about me...
still under construction
...blogs...
...categories...
- A Quest for More (1)
- Africa (6)
- art (2)
- Book Review (2)
- family (2)
- funny (4)
- good friday (1)
- life (24)
- music (3)
- Office (1)
- photo (1)
- quote (2)
- scotland adventure (13)
- Singleness (2)
- stories (2)
- travels (1)
- Unfashionable (2)
- vacation (1)
- vlog episode (1)
- work (1)
- writings (1)


3 comments:
That book looks amazing! Have you read Fields of the Fatherless- that one looks really good too. I just heard you are going to Africa- so jealous but so excited for the doors God has opened and the prayers he has answered! Thank you for sharing all these great resources on sex trafficking- I've never read much about it either and it's really eye opening. <3 you!
Yes, I need to do an update on my blog about Africa. But yes, I am going July 13-25 and I am so excited!!! Can't wait for you to be home and us have some LONG coffee time. Miss and love you!
totally adore you!
Post a Comment