12:53 PM

World Cup and Human Trafficking

Posted by hosanna |

Today the World Cup starts and as a result, thousands have been trafficked to appease the appetite of the South Africa's visitors. Below there is a short video telling of the reality of trafficking and interviews a couple organizations that are trying to help in the rescue of these girls.


(via Tom Davis)

In addition, International Justice Mission wrote an article, The World Cup's Ugly Side, in Relevant Magazine that details the devastating effects of world-wide events on human trafficking, like the World Cup.

You might be reading and asking, 'this is too big of an issue and I am just one," but please remember that One Matters!

Each day of the World Cup, I am going to post information about human trafficking. Please join me in praying each day for those being trafficked, let us start for those at the World Cup today.

"Vindicate me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation; rescue me from deceitful and wicked men." (Psalm 43:1)


1 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for posting this Hosanna. I will be praying.