12:02 PM

YOU can make a difference

Posted by hosanna |

As we draw an end to our week, I wanted to leave you with some resources and ways you can act. I know I mentioned covering sex trafficking until the end of the World Cup. However, I have decided to wrap it up this week. I will continue to post as I learn more. But I know for me...sometimes it can be overwhelming and it is good to just take one bite at a time. On that note, I want to encourage you to continue to pray and see if God might be moving you to act.

On Children's Hope Chest website, they encourage their readers to ACT in 5 way and I added one at the end to make it 6:

1. Provoke Response in Others

To cut through the numbness, you have to intentionally provoke a response. Post a conversation-starter on your Facebook status or Twitter feed that forces people to react to statistics—not just absorb and become numb to them. [read more here...]

2. Educate Your Friends and Family Members

Take a moment to download one of “Help Wanted” sex trafficking badges to place on your Web site or blog. This badge links directly to SheIsPriceless.com. [read more here...]

3. Bring Sex Trafficking Into Your Community

“The Orphan Experience” is a mixed media, multi-sensory art exhibit that brings you face-to-face with the realities of sex trafficking. Sign up to request more information about how “The Orphan Experience” can bring sex trafficking to your community. [read more here...]

4. Build an Advocacy and Action Group

Join iFast58 a movement of people who fast and pray for the world’s poor, hungry and oppressed as well as those who serve them. [read more here...]

5. Give a Gift to HopeChest to Prevent Sex Trafficking

HopeChest is launching ministry to the survivors of sex trafficking in two aftercare homes in Moldova. Click the Donate button to find out more about these outreaches, and how you can support them with a gift. [read more here...]

6. Continue to be educated

Additional organizations fighting sex trafficking...

________________________________

If sex trafficking statistics overwhelm and numb you, you are certainly not alone. We are numb to much of the evil in our world. Numbness keeps the people of God in the pews singing songs and praying prayers. But more importantly it keeps us out of Satan’s business of stealing, killing, and destroying.

Psalm 10:9 reads:

“He lies in wait like a lion in cover; he lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catches the helpless and drags them off in his net.”

It’s our job to stand in between the roaring lion that seeks to devour children. As children of God, we get to “silence” the roar. But we can only do that if we have the courage to stand in between the lion and its prey. That’s dangerous stuff! But when the alternative is two million kids raped up to 40 times a day, it emboldens me to take risks.

As Christians we cannot choose neutrality. We cannot ride the fence. We cannot—we must not—do nothing in the face of evil.

(via She Is Priceless)

0 comments: