3:13 AM

Sardines, anyone?

Posted by hosanna |



My flight for Edinburgh, Scotland started from Dallas flew through Chicago continued on to Manchester, England and will finally end at my final destination.  

Traveling in the US can always be interesting...  Each passenger boards the plane finding their appropriate seats.  I lag behind, hoping and praying that I won't be THE ONE who has the privilege of sitting in the prized middle seat.  

And yes, I won!  Luckily, my flight was only and hour and a half between two fine-sized gentlemen.  As I sat down, I tried to take myself to a different place in hopes of erasing the wafts of body odor.  Although, John Piper's preaching can be quite captivating, he could not even help me.

We safely landed in Chicago and across the pond I go.  The last time I flew internationally (and only time), I was on my way to Africa.  And I remember the seating being more spacious than national flights.  It is funny how your mind can play tricks on you!

I need to play the lottery because yet again, I won the prized middle seat.  However, this time it is for a 7 hour flight!  YAY! 

The middle section of the plane was to be my resting place for the next 7 hours.  

I do have to admit, I think I had the best row.  The first gentlemen was from Manchester and was coming from Texas back home.  The other two were traveling the US for three weeks and we heading home to Liverpool.  I was entertained the whole trip... from stories of travels across the US to singing me to sleep!

Sleep...I say 'singing me to sleep'.  However, I don't think you can call what I did sleep.  When the lights first dimmed and people began to recline their seats, the seat in front of me was in my lap.  I wish that I was exaggerating, but I am not.  Being a short person and finding myself, feeling claustrophobic and unable to move is rather alarming.  I wanted to take a pic of us...but I was too squashed to get my camera (so allow your mind to imagine me between 3 guys, all wearing baby blue eye masks, and the older gentleman sporting their glasses on the outside, as to not loose them).  I hope your visual is as good as it was for me!

I now find myself sitting in Manchester for 4 hours waiting for my connecting flight to Edinburgh.  Perhaps, I can grab a few minutes of shut eye before my final leg.  Until my next adventures... cheers!

P.S. All guys aforementioned have been married.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh Hosanna, you remembered it being more pleasant flying internationally cause you were sitting next to me last time! I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there to make this flight more enjoyable--and take pictures of the person in your lap and the aforementioned married men. I'm glad to hear you survived it! ;-)

hosanna said...

now it is all coming back...it was YOU, that made the difference. my return flight isn't until the 13th, giving you plenty of time to come out here and fly back home with me.