1:06 AM

cynic given new eyes

Posted by hosanna |

Prayer. Honestly, when I hear the word prayer I am unmoved. I do not think of approaching the throne of grace with confidence. I do not think of the power that is unleashed. I do not think about asking and receiving. But I approach prayer as a cynic. Ashamedly, my prayer life is limited to my nightly brief conversation or a quick, random request throughout the day. But I don't believe in the power of prayer. I have become cynical in that I am afraid of praying a particular request only to get my hopes up and than to be disappointed. God is sovereign. How does my prayer have any effect? God is God and will move as He wills. How do I know that I am praying His will versus my own flesh? And if I pray in my flesh, will this not lead to disappointment? So, why not merely just say 'your will' and leave it at that.

"Prayer is a vital prerequisite for the release of God's power." -Terry Virgo

"It is as if the promises of God are waiting for prayer for their fulfillment." -Andrew Murry

This sermon gave me, the cynic, new eyes. Be encouraged and gain new faith for prayer!

Elijah Prays For Rain - A Sermon By Terry Virgo

Elijah Prays For Rain from Adrian Warnock on Vimeo.


(Note that at the end of the video you will need to click on part two within the video player to watch the rest.)

0 comments: