1:17 PM

How He Loves

Posted by hosanna |

"You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Psalm 16:11

There has to be joy and pleasures found in order to embrace suffering and disappointment. There has to be more or what Paul is asking us to do is impossible.

I went to bed last night wrestling with these thoughts. Lord, please show me your fullness of joy and may I find pleasures in you. For if I don't, I can't stand.

This morning on my way to work, I called and talked to my little sister. She shared with me what God had shown her this morning in John 11 with Lazarus. Jesus allowed Lazarus to die. He allowed Mary and Martha to suffer at the loss. He allowed them to wait in their pain and loss. Why? Because He loved them. He loved them so much that he allowed them to endure suffering so they may 'see the glory of God.'

Yes, Lord.

At noon my phone rang, and it was a dear friend. She began sharing all that God had recently taught her. How she has found joy unspeakable. How the Holy Spirit is leading and guiding her, and how the cost of suffering, the cost of letting go, the cost of giving all is not too much in light of knowing God in glory.

Yes, Lord.

God is behind my disappointment, suffering. He is allowing it into my life and I will embrace it because I know my God loves me. Like Mary and Martha, I know that Jesus loves me so much that in order that I may SEE THE GLORY OF GOD, he has allowed disappointment to come. And I pray, Lord, if I may see more of your glory and if I may know the fullness of joy and encounter the pleasure of You, than make me willing to embrace all suffering and disappointments. Lord, may it be not too much in light of knowing You.


0 comments: