10:03 AM

writing

Posted by hosanna |

As of recent, I have not been blogging as much as vlogging. Life seems to be going on stop and I haven't made time to capture my thoughts on paper. I often think, 'oh, I should share this about what God is showing me or this.' But they have been only fleeting thoughts, here one minute and gone the next.

This morning, I was reminded once again how important writing is. Journaling has been a huge blessing, not only as an outlet for feelings but also to go back and see how God is moving. On Justin Taylor's blog this morning, he had these two quotes:

“I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write” (Calvin, citing Augustine).

“Writing became the lever of my thinking and the outlet of my feelings. If I didn’t pull the lever, the wheel of thinking did not turn. It jerked and squeaked and halted. But once a pen was in hand, or a keyboard, the fog began to clear and the wheel of thought began to spin with clarity and insight" (John Piper).

How true these quotes are for me. It is often through picking up my pen and paper that provides an outlet and then change.

Last night, I went to bed so frustrated at life. Laying awake, tossing and turning, I finally decided to roll over, turn on my light and write. Write all my frustrations, all my disappointments, why I was upset, I put it all on paper. God already knew my heart but it wasn't until I wrote it out and poured out my heart to God that change came. I was no longer holding it in, coddling my feelings and pitying myself, but when I let it all out (even as simple as writing it down and admitting I was upset and I didn't feel like God was being fair to me). It was at that point that God was able to lift my eyes. It is like when scripture says there is power when we bring things into light, out of the darkness of my own thoughts and into the light.

So, take your journal and pen or at your computer today and write. Write what God is showing you, write what is frustrating, write your prayers. Length doesn't matter. It could be a sentence or pages but begin and see how God wants to meet you!

1 comments:

Nettester71 said...

good reminder. I used to write all the time and haven't done it in a LONG time and I need to for the same reasons you found yourself needing too.

thanks, I love you and appreciate your transparency in your walk with God.