
This morning, I decided to do my workbook for a Bible study that I am in on Sunday afternoons. I usually procrastinate until Sunday afternoon but today I sat with my coffee in hand began the study.
As I opened up the study, it began with this verse:
"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for gratification according to the moment, so it may be grace to those who hear" (Eph. 4:29).
And then the study continued by looking at the following verses....
"I want you to know, brothers, that our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses..."
MOSES, what?!
And as I continued to read the verse it said,
"...we must not put Christ to the test, as some did and were destroyed by serpents, nor grumble... [but remember] GOD IS FAITHFUL, and HE WILL NOT LET YOU BE TEMPTED beyond what you can bear" (1 Cor. 10:1,9,13).
The study continued and lead me to Exodus where it referenced the Israelites grumbling in the desert. As I read, I thought, "OH MY WORD, I asked and NOW I AM SITTING HAVING COFFEE WITH MOSES."
And this is what he said...
"Now these things happened to them [Israelites] as an example, but they were written down for their instruction" (1 Cor. 10:11). Look at the Israelites and what did they do? They grumbled against God. "Then they despised the pleasant land, having no faith in the promise. They murmured in their tents, and did not obey the voice of the Lord. Therefore he raised his hand and swore to them that he would make them fall in the wilderness" (Ps. 106:24-25).
I thought my coffee time with Moses would be us commiserating together about the desert. But instead, it was loving correction. "Hosanna, do not do as the Israelites did, for they displeased God. But rather chose to be thankful and stand firm that God is faithful to his promises."
Oh, I LOVED my coffee with Mos! It was unexpected but welcomed!
Now who should I ask for coffee with next.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...my tweets...
...about me...
still under construction
...blogs...
...categories...
- A Quest for More (1)
- Africa (6)
- art (2)
- Book Review (2)
- family (2)
- funny (4)
- good friday (1)
- life (24)
- music (3)
- Office (1)
- photo (1)
- quote (2)
- scotland adventure (13)
- Singleness (2)
- stories (2)
- travels (1)
- Unfashionable (2)
- vacation (1)
- vlog episode (1)
- work (1)
- writings (1)


0 comments:
Post a Comment