8:50 PM

Every Turn

Posted by hosanna |

Recently I have been challenged in my view of the gospel. What gospel do I live out and what gospel do share with others?

After I watched "Invisible Children" (which is a documentary about the displaced children of Sudan), the following question followed me, what is the gospel and why would people and children who have nothing and fear death at every corner want it?

Ashamedly, when thinking about gospel I would take to Africa, I found myself wanting to say, 'if you come to Christ everything will be better, your pain will disapprear and hunger would seize.' If someone asked me, if I believed in the prosperity gospel, I would adamently say NO, but when challenged with what gospel I would tell, I found myself there.

The TRUTH will set them free, not health and wealth. The gospel is about GOD and how Christ paved the way so we could be in right relationship with Him. The gospel is ALL about HIM.

When God begins to work and teach new things, it seems as though at every turn He is reiterating the lesson. Today at work, a co-worker of mine shared this video with me...


"Lord, change me..."

4 comments:

erin said...

Hmmmm, something worth thinking about. Great post. It's hard to remember that life here is but the blink of an eye (compared to eternity) when we see pain and suffering. But we must remember this so that we CAN share what people really need...the good news of the gospel. And yet in meeting peoples material, physical, and emotional needs we are opening the door of opportunity to share about Christ as you have done in Africa. I'm with you, I want to do this everywhere everyday!

Michelle said...

Hey Hosanna, Thanks for sharing. I'm excited to keep up with you on your new blog. Keep up the thought provoking posts...

Katie Virginia said...

Thank you for sharing dear friend!
Welcome to the blogging world! I got your message last week - I was in Mass on vacation! So excited to hear you bought your plane ticket :) woohoo!

Aaron said...

"The prosperity gospel never says that God is great; it only says that God is a good benefactor and that THINGS are great." (Piper) No one will ever look at your BMW and say 'I am a sinner in need of a savior', but rather, 'wow, if I become a Christian, I can have a BMW too!' How can we live in the world today in such a way that 1 Peter 3:15 becomes real in our lives; that people will see us in the midst of suffering and ask, "what is the reason for the hope you have"- the prosperity gospel will never lead to this.

Good post Hosanna, thanks for the challenge!