"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.
Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he? Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"
I met with a friend last night and she read Luke 11:9-13. The passage was such a good reminder of continuing to press on. I have been reading the One Year Chronological Bible which has been so good. It is nice to have an assigned reading and not try to figure out what I am going to study. And right now I am going through Job. It has been good to be able to see his tremendous tests and his responses through it. By no means can I compare my trial to anything that Job experienced and yet in the midst he was so honest with what he was going through and it said he did not sin.
All this to say, my friend reminded me that there is always joy in any circumstance; sometimes it is just a little harder to find it than others. So, I am going to keep knocking knowing that God HAS promised to answer and seek to find life's joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...my tweets...
...about me...
still under construction
...blogs...
...categories...
- A Quest for More (1)
- Africa (6)
- art (2)
- Book Review (2)
- family (2)
- funny (4)
- good friday (1)
- life (24)
- music (3)
- Office (1)
- photo (1)
- quote (2)
- scotland adventure (13)
- Singleness (2)
- stories (2)
- travels (1)
- Unfashionable (2)
- vacation (1)
- vlog episode (1)
- work (1)
- writings (1)


0 comments:
Post a Comment