2:30 PM

Drinking from a Fire-Hose

Posted by hosanna |



These past couple of weeks, I feel like I have been drinking from a fire-hose. So much that God has been teaching and showing me and desperately wanting not merely to be a hearer of the word but to be changed by the word. These past few weeks, I have been struggling in two particular areas: first, faith for where God has me and second, wrestling with christian liberty. What are my convictions? Are they based on God's word or my preferences? How do I live for Christ but not be self-righteous? How do I live in this world but be transformed by the world? Would others know my love for Christ or do I blend in with the world?

See what I mean...so much! However, I am so thankful to serve such a gracious God, who patiently teaches me piece by piece. In hopes of making it real in my life, I am going to try to record it here on my blog. So bear with me, as you are going to catch random thoughts as I wrestle through all that God is teaching me and making it real in my life.

Along this vein, I have been waiting for Tullian Tchividjian's new book to be released, Unfashionable, and I just received it yesterday.

Here is a little overview from Tullian:


I'll let you know how it is, once I start to dig in.

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I just want to say....i LOVE your blog, Hosanna. It's awesome.

Aaron said...

Cool, I look forward to your review!

hosanna said...

Thanks, Lizzy! And Aaron, yes, a review is coming soon!