1:28 AM

Holy Ground

Posted by hosanna |

Yesterday, we went to Chongwe and spent more time with the orphans and mamas at the My Father's House.  We played futbol, zambian version of duck duck goose, learned hand games and drew pictures in the dirt.  But what I didn't expect was what I saw when I stepped in on the orphans devotion time.

From the courtyard, I heard singing and as I approached the house all the orphans and mamas were crammed into a small living room.  Mama Mary lead the children in worship and the melodies were that of angels.  These little voices singing with all their might to a mighty God.  Hands raised, feet dancing and little lives praising Jesus with everything in them.

Worship time was followed by prayer, which all the children and mamas prayed at one time.  Each one with eyes closed prayed to God with all fervency.  They prayed in their native tongue so I couldn't understand.  But what I did understand was that they knew that God and knew that they were being heard.  The intercession of these children amazed me.  Each one pleading with God and most with tears running down their face.    Unaware of the child next to them, they begged and cried out to a living God.  The voices which filled that room made me feel so unworthy for I was standing on holy ground.

Today, we again are on our way to Chongwe.  We are staying the night at My Father's House with the children.  Praying for the Spirit to lead and guide us as we prepare for Camp Hope next week and to keep us warm.  Thank you for all your prayers.  Please continue to pray for us and that the Spirit will lead and guide us.

P.S.  The weather is wonderful.  Each day the high is in the 70's and at night it drops to the 40's.

Will try to post more pictures and stories tomorrow.
Much love,

7 comments:

Gail said...

You are in my prayers. I know you must feel very close to heaven ... be blessed. Much to share on this end when next we talk. Love you!

Kate Thomas. said...

thanks for the update. our prayer are with you and those mamas and children. love you

Anonymous said...

so moving, and so humbling. excited to hear more. we love you so much!
jeffrey girls

Emily said...

How amazing! Praise God that you can be there. It seems like yesterday we were driving down to Dallas and you were talking about maybe going to Africa, and "seeing what God has for that." s

lwalk said...

Wow, that was an amazing description of the children worshipping!! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for posting and keeping us all up to date on what you are experiencing! The way you described the worship and prayer of the children made me really be able to picture the scene! Amazing! It brought tears to my eyes...

Praying for you!

Caitlin said...

Sounds amazing - something like what Heaven will be like!!