First day in Zambia and it was full. We landed in Lusaka at 6:40 am after 30+ hours of traveling. We were greeted by the staff of Every Orphan's Hope and taken to where we are staying, Abundant Life. We had time to get our room key and drop our bags and we were off running. Exchanged money, shopped at the grocery store, drove to Chongwe (45 minutes) to meet the mamas and kids from the My Father's Houses. As soon as we pulled up, we were greeted by the mamas and kids. It is so fun to finally meet the kids whose pictures we've seen. Our day was filled with learning names, tours of their homes, their gardens and games. Mama Lydia even showed me how to make 'shema' which is similar to a corn meal and a usual part of each meal. The next thing I know I am sitting on the floor with Mama Lydia eating 'shema' and beans with my hands.
It was been so much fun and the mamas and kids are so welcoming. I can't believe it has only been day one.
I am having trouble uploading pictures to my blog...but I have posted a few from yesterday on my facebook.
Thanks so much for all your prayers. It is now Friday at noon and I have my first full nights sleep under our belts since I left Tuesday.
Please continue to pray for God's leading and guiding. Also, my allergies have been bad here so your prayers with this will be greatly appreciated.
Much love and will update when I can.
hosanna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...my tweets...
...about me...
still under construction
...blogs...
...categories...
- A Quest for More (1)
- Africa (6)
- art (2)
- Book Review (2)
- family (2)
- funny (4)
- good friday (1)
- life (24)
- music (3)
- Office (1)
- photo (1)
- quote (2)
- scotland adventure (13)
- Singleness (2)
- stories (2)
- travels (1)
- Unfashionable (2)
- vacation (1)
- vlog episode (1)
- work (1)
- writings (1)


0 comments:
Post a Comment